English grammar and practice for Academic Purposes for students on English medium university or pre-university courses. Oxford Grammar for EAP (English for Academic Purposes) provides students with the functional grammar and academic vocabulary support they need in order to succeed in their studies, whatever their chosen subject.
- Demonstrates and practises how to use strategies for academic writing and speaking such as comparing and contrasting, arguing and persuading, talking about cause and effect, and paraphrasing.
- Reviews and consolidates the key grammatical areas needed for essay writing and presentations such as modal verbs, noun phrases, conditionals, and relative clauses.
- Puts theory into practice with exercises which test knowledge and challenge understanding, so that students can incorporate new language in their writing and speaking.
- Academic Word List glossaries help with learning high-frequency academic vocabulary.
- Suitable for students on English medium university or pre-university courses, across a wide range of disciplines, e.g. business, finance, natural sciences, engineering, and technology.
- Supports all levels of Oxford EAP but works effectively as a supplement to any course or for individual study.
|Oxford Grammar for EAP||978 0 19 432999 6|