For over 35 years, Readings for Writers has been the preeminent rhetorical reader for the freshman composition course. With the Fourteenth Edition, this bestseller continues its tradition of providing comprehensive coverage of the writing and research process, while also offering a wide variety of appealing readings. With more than 100 selections from a broad range of topics and genres, this text offers something to spark excitement in any writer.
- Streamlined and enhanced. This edition features a streamlined presentation as well as enhanced coverage of critical thinking throughout.
- New readings and essays. Twenty-three new professional readings and five new student essays that engage students with a range of topics and voices, as well as new images that help students understand the effects and uses of visual rhetoric.
- New, current issues. Two new Issues for Critical Thinking and Debate–self-image and online dating–as well as updated Issues for Critical Thinking and Debate throughout should jumpstart vigorous debates that stimulate writing.
- Updated coverage of MLA and APA documentation styles. Part Four, “Special Writing Projects,” helps students correctly apply the latest citation guidelines when writing in various disciplines. This section also features a new annotated student MLA research paper on copyright law and Google Book Search.
- New recurring feature. A new “Pointer from a Pro” feature throughout offers pithy writing advice from writers who have perfected their craft.
- New synthesis chapter. A new Chapter 3 offers guidance on synthesizing outside sources, along with numerous models and exercises.
|Reading for Writers||ISBN|
|US Student Text||9781111837068|