A completely new edition that builds students’ vocabulary and develops writing skills.
The new edition features the Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM, and labelled content-area, academic, and keyword vocabulary – the keys to academic success.
- Helps students understand the meanings of words and how to use them correctly.
- Includes 42,000 words, phrases, and meanings, and 35,000 examples to show how words are used.
- Oxford 3000™ words (the most important words to know in English), content area vocabulary (math, social studies, science, etc), and Academic Word List words, are clearly labelled.
- The Oxford Writing Tutor (included in the print dictionary) and the Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM show students how to plan, write, and review different types of writing.
- Includes Canadian spellings, as well as Canadian English words such as Mountie and toonie.
- CD-ROM with searchable A-Z, picture and topic vocabulary dictionaries, spoken headwords, and “record your own pronunciation” feature.
|Oxford ESL Dictionary (with CD-ROM), New Edition||978 0 19 439414 7|