Gateway to Social Studies is a NEW content-area program designed for English learners to introduce and reinforce social studies terms and skills. Each lesson presents material with a globally and culturally relevant format through beautiful images and engaging content, such as Primary Source documents and graphic organizers. Gateway to Social Studies is aligned to the NCSS (National Council for the Social Studies) standards.
- The text is comprised of four sections to ensure academic success: Geography, World History, U.S. History, and Government.
- Every four-page lesson presents vocabulary and key social studies concepts in a highly visual format for increased comprehension.
- The Student Workbook provides practice activities for each lesson of the student text including extension readings (including Primary Source documents), virtual field trips, and oral presentations.
- Online Image Gallery houses every visual in the student text to aid student comprehension of content-area vocabulary and concepts. These include maps, paintings, pictures, and timelines.
- The ExamView® CD-ROM provides lesson assessments in a customizable format that are aligned to NCSS standards.
|Gateway to Social Science||ISBN|
|Assessment CD-ROM with ExamView®||9781424018208|