Building Better Readers…From The Beginning.
Trio Reading is a three-level course that helps beginning English students develop their reading skills through step-by-step instruction.
Trio Reading creates academic success through the gradual development of key reading techniques and strategies. Readiness Units teach the fundamentals of English to prepare students for success at each level, and Vocabulary and Reading Strategies equip students with the skills they need for successful reading. Trio Reading Online Practice extends learning beyond the classroom, providing students with additional practice and support for each chapter’s vocabulary, grammar, and skills instruction.
- Readiness Units teach the fundamentals of English to prepare students for success
- Three Make Connections sections in each chapter link texts and the real world to help students develop critical thinking skills
- Vocabulary is introduced in context and is built from the Oxford 2000 list of keywords, the 2,000 most important and useful words to learn
- Sounds of English boxes provide sound-symbol decoding practice and link fluency and reading skills to improve comprehension
- Grammar in the Readings boxes highlight the most important language from the readings
- Vocabulary and Reading Strategies equip students with the skills they need for successful reading
- Accessible paired readings offer more practice to create successful readers
- Signposts in each chapter point students to online practice, extending learning beyond the classroom
- Each chapter is accompanied by a variety of automatically-graded online activities practising Vocabulary, Grammar, and Reading and Vocabulary Strategies
|Trio Reading||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Student Book with Online Practice||978 0 19 400078 9||978 0 19 400403 9||978 0 19 400406 0|
|iTools USB (all levels)||978 0 19 400390 2|
|Online Practice Student Access Card||978 0 19 400399 5||978 0 19 400401 5||978 0 19 400404 6|
|Online Practice Teacher Access Card||978 0 19 400400 8||978 0 19 400402 2||978 0 19 400405 3|